Updated May, 2018
On 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the existing 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC). ScanBacklinks™ is committed to GDPR compliance across the company, and we have evaluated the new requirements and restrictions imposed by the GDPR as well as have reviewed where and how we collect, use, store and dispose of personal data and updating policies, standards and documentation as necessary.
1. Information We Collect
1.1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. That information may include your name, physical address, email address, Skype id, IP address, phone number, credit card information, location, purchase history, and any other information you provide when using ScanBacklinks services or interacting with us in any way. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We do not collect your sensitive personal information, in particular, confidential medical facts, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs or sexuality.
1.2. IP Addresses. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
2. Use of Personal Information
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies, business partners so that they (or we) can contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you.
2.2. Personally Identifiable Information. We use the personally identifiable user information that we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve the current Services offerings, to develop new Services, to be able to tailor the Services to one’s specific needs if feasible, for convenience of users and communication with them, and as may be required by law.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
3.1. Disclosure to Third-Parties. ScanBacklinks™ does not share your personal information with third parties or the public except as set forth herein. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers, such as SMTP infrastructure providers, analytical services, payment processors, merchants, or resellers, performing services, which supplement our Services. ScanBacklinks™ does not sell your personal information.
3.2. Research. We may use and disclose to third parties information we collect in aggregated, non-personally identifiable form for research and informational purposes and to help us make sales, marketing and business decisions.
3.4. Special Circumstances. ScanBacklinks™ will not disclose your personally identifiable information except as set forth in this Section 3, including in subsections below:
- when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies;
- when obliged to do so under the law;
- for the purpose of pursuing outstanding debts or liabilities;
- and when given permission to do so by you.
3.5. Use of Information for Commercial Purposes. You may object to the use of your personal data for commercial purpose at any time by logging in to your ScanBacklinks™ account and managing your settings or by contacting us at [email protected].
4. Information Storage and Security
We will store your usage data until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by law.
4.2. Password. In order to provide you with privacy and security, your account is protected by a password. You must protect your registration data – specifically login and password. You also need to ensure that third parties do not have access to your computer with browser logged in to your account. ScanBacklinks™ strives to protect User account information, however, ScanBacklinks™ cannot guarantee complete information security. The Company is not liable for disclosure of your account information in the case when there is hardware or software failure, unauthorized entry or other factors, which are not under ScanBacklinks™ control. You are responsible for keeping your login and password secret and not sharing them with any third party.
5. Your Rights
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details or if you wish to see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can let us know at [email protected] to make sure that our records accurate and up to date. You are also free to contact us regarding deletion of some or of all information we have gathered about you as well as your ScanBacklinks™ account.
Our Data Protection Officer monitors relevancy of the information collected as well as compliance with the GDPR and performs all the tasks determined by Art. 39 of GDPR. You can contact our Data Protection Officer regarding privacy questions related to your use of the Service by emailing at [email protected].
6. Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
7. Collecting Information from Children
By using ScanBacklinks™ you agree that you are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information relating to children. In the event that we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from anyone under 16 years of age without prior parental consent, we will take steps to promptly delete such information.
8. International Visitors and Users
9. Limitations of Liability
10. Legal Notice
11. Do Not Track
Because there currently isn't an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT (Do Not Track) signals, we don't respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.